Are you an experienced Civil / Structural Engineer with experience working across infrastructure and buildings within the healthcare sector? Then we have a fantastic opportunity in our Qatar office that could be of interest to you.
Who are we:
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Doha and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues.
• Client focus
To provide with full responsibility and accountability, a technical service to the client, in all areas of civil and structural works, during definition and execution stages, ensuring that designs follow the latest Codes, Standards, National and client requirements and procedures. Liaise with Project Engineers, other Discipline Engineers and End-Users, to develop cost effective and fit for purpose design solutions, to fit the client requirements. Contribute toward updating discipline Engineering Codes. Standards, Specifications and Philosophies.
• Carryout the duties and responsibilities for all areas of work covered in civil / structural engineering. These include, but are not necessarily limited to, land surveying, geo-technical and site investigation, roads, residential and healthcare buildings, water storage and distribution, drainage systems retaining walls, and in certain cases, prepare basic architectural layouts. Evaluate requests and recommend appropriate solutions and propose changes as necessary. Gather research and analyze pertinent data and information and prepare recommendation with supporting technical date, along with specification and equipment date sheets.
• Provide project with technical content of project development and executive plans, including defining design and construction criteria and procurement strategies for critical items. Assist project engineer to expand and develop building program and budgetary constraints.
• Prepare the bases for design, select essential standards for use, identify design throughput, policy, specifications, technical risks, facility safeguarding, safety and health requirements and infrastructure requirements. Prepare designs in consultation with other discipline engineer as appropriate.
• Visit work site to establish existing conditions. Review applicability of existing drawings, standards and specification and recommend appropriate changes. Where appropriate, carryout basic surveying work sufficient to meet the design needs or prepares a scope of work for a third party to carry out the survey. Contribute to the development of cost estimates.
• Prepare and / or review conceptual designs, schematic designs and detailed designs for building / facilities and infrastructure work, based on the approach scope of works.
• Prepare building design briefs for assigned designers / draughts men and reviewing and approving their work.
• Develop scope of work, specification and design criteria for bu8ilding / facilities, infrastructure projects, for this functional area of work for inclusion in tenders for engineer consultant and / or construction. Provide technical input to material requisitions.
• Review technical aspect of the bids from consulting engineer companies and construction contractors, for his functional are of work. Support projects in identifying and assessing capability resources and technical strengths of consulting engineers, contractors and vendors in the evaluation of technical bids and take part in evaluations committee meetings.
• Review / approved detailed design specification and drawing, submitted by design consultants and contractors.
• Provide technical support to project on design matters during detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, testing, installation and commissioning stage of projects, which often involves site visits. Review and comment on pre-commissioning and start up procedures and operating and maintenance manuals, appropriate to his functional area of work. Review material submittal referred from projects.
• Keep abreast of current technology and state of the art equipment and activities, by reading various trade journals, publication, by meeting vendor representatives and attending trade functions. Keep abreast of current regulations of local and national authorities.
• Participate in technology development reviews to disseminate late relevant technologies and technical reviews, at key stages of project execution and project definition, if necessary.
• Prepare and present technical paper to line / senior management from time to time to promote designs and/or strategies.
• Check the adequacy of design produced by others, to ensure fitness for purpose and technical quality, in terms of providing safe / environmental acceptable facilities, in compliance with codes, standards, principles, practices and specifications. Verify that the building or facilities being designed are of adequate dimensions to house all the equipment to be installed therein.
• Support projects with advice of technical matters during construction, including construction safety, design and construction of temporary facilities.
• Inspect contractor, consultant engineer and vendor premises and witness factory / site acceptance tests, as required.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Professional Membership of a recognized international institute / association / organization is desirable.
• Chartered engineering status if preferred.
• 4 + years of experience working in hospital / Healthcare projects
• GCC experience is preferred.
What We Offer:
A dynamic and challenging opportunity with an international focus, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. A great working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career.
About the Company:
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.