My client is looking for a Head of Development who can work as a leader and can successfully lead, inspire and motivate technology development and QA times. Ideal candidate must have 10 years of experience in similar kind of role and should be able to make key platform and architect decisions. Candidate must be able able show successful track record of delivering products road map and key milestone on time, on cost and on-quality and can demonstrate ROI driven by initiatives.
• creating web applications that scale for hundreds of thousands of users
• mobile development (the pros and cons of HTML5 versus native apps) and knowledgeable on mobile frameworks (Sencha, Titanium Appcelerator, PhoneGap)
• Databases: relational (MySQL, Percona and Oracle), NoSQL, and clustering
• Payment Gateways; PCI-DSS compliance
• The Linux server environment (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu) and the DevOps piece (Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Docker, Ansible)
• The Networking layer (Routers, IDS, Firewalls, WAF, Load Balancers, VPNs, CDNs, SMTPs)
• Web standards and web optimisation techniques; caching mechanisms (Varnish, Memcache)
• Java (J2EE, Spring) and PHP programming languages
• HTML, CSS (Sass, Less), JS (React, Node, Angular)
• Web app security best practices
• Code versioning systems; continuous integration
• The Hybris B2C commerce platform (optional, but a big plus)
• The Oracle Retail applications suite (optional, but another plus)
About the Company
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000‘s of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.