Alberta: In a bizarre incident, Sarah Douglas, A 32-week pregnant mother who is pregnant with her third child said that she ordered the latte at McDonald’s but instead she was served with a cleaning agent. On Sunday morning, she was taking her son to a baseball tournament when they stopped at the drive-through for the coffee at McDonald’s.
When she took a sip she instantly knew that something was wrong and pulled over to spit out the beverage. Right after sipping her drink, she returned to the restaurant to complain where she came to know that two cleaning lines were hooked up to the latte machine.
A 32 week pregnant woman in Lethbridge, Sarah Douglas, says she was served cleaning fluid when she ordered a latte at McDonald’s in Lethbridge. Owner Dan Brown-Unfortunately the milk supply line was connected to the cleaning solution while this guest’s drink was made. Photo: LNN pic.twitter.com/takA8VCa3K
— Hal Roberts 🇨🇦 🏈 (@Hal__Roberts) August 1, 2018
When she returned to the restaurant to complain about it, a staff member told her that two cleaning lines were hooked up to the latte machine. Later she contacted Alberta Health Services’ Health Link and was transferred to poison control.
Later McDonald’s issued an apology on behalf of the restaurant franchisee. McDonald’s says a health inspector has visited the restaurant and is not investigating further.
“As a mother, I want to make sure I have a voice and that I’m being heard in terms of the safety of consumers.” She wanted to share her experience to ensure that this never happens again.