LB Nagar-Ameerpet Metro in Sept 1st week: KTR

Launching the much awaited Flyover at LB Nagar near Kamineni Hospital junction, Municipal Minister K Taraka Rama Rao today stated that they are committed to improving public transport system to overcome perennial traffic problems and related difficulties. He called upon the people to make use of public transport system for safe journey.

Transport Minister P Mahender Reddy, MLAs R Krishnaiah, Teegala Krishna Reddy, Mayor B Rammohan, GHMC Commissioner B Janardhan Reddy and local leaders were present. Addressing a public meeting on the occasion KTR said that metro rail LB Nagar – Ameerpet corridor will be launched by September first week. He also said that Metro Rail facility will be extended to LB Nagar to Nagole and to Shamshabad International Airport.

He said that Hyderabad has turned a mega city and the government has prepared a development plan of spending a staggering Rs 23,000 crore including Rs 9,000 crore works are on and Rs 100 crore being spent for foot paths alone. KTR asked the people to make use of transportation facilities being offered by the government for safe journey. He said that only 32 to 35 per cent of the city people are using public transport system and the rest of 65 per cent using their own vehicles to travel. The minister said that coordination of departments are giving positive results in developing the city with all facilities and public transport system of adequate buses, trains, metro rails will prove handy. The minister also vowed to complete the projects of roads development, metro rail and MMTS second phase of works. Keeping in fast development on the city outskirts the officials will take up development works, he added.(NSS)