Delhi High Court Blast one detained

New Delhi, May 28: The Delhi police on Thursday night picked up a 35-year-old man from the Pilkhua area of Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh in connection with the low intensity bomb blast at the parking space of Delhi High Court.

The senior superintendent of police (Ghaziabad), Raghuveer Lal said one Gulfam had been picked up from the Pilkhua area on Thursday by the Delhi police but added that it wasn’t related to the blast.

“Gulfam is a local vendor and he has been picked up. But I cannot confirm that the arrest is related to the blast. So far we have not been told anything by the Delhi police.

They did not even inform us before they picked him up for questioning. Had it been related to the blast they would have told us,” he added.

The relatives of Gulfam have told the UP police that the special cell officials had come to pick up a certain Hafeez but could not find him.

Sources in the special cell said that around five persons, including two from the Capital were being questioned by the police.

–Agencies