New Delhi, December 31: A 70-year-old woman died of shock after a cylinder exploded in the building where she lived on Friday morning, police said. Four others, including two children and another 70-year-old woman, were injured in the incident.
The blast took place on the ground floor of the four-storeyed building in southwest Delhi’s Inderpuri area.
The deceased has been identified as Keshar. The injured are Chetna Devi, 70, Awadhesh, 45, his children Mahek, 8, and Harsh, 5. Devi lived in a house adjacent to the building.
“A blast was heard as soon as Awadhesh switched on the water motor. A partition wall, stairs of the building and a wall of the adjacent house collapsed. Five persons were injured. They were taken to RML Hospital where Keshar died of shock. Prima facie it appears the explosion took place in a cooking gas cylinder,” police said.