Agartala: In a tragic incident in Tripura, a woman and her two minor children were burnt to death when their thatched home went up in flames following an LPG cylinder blast, police said here on Monday.
The incident took place on Sunday night at Hrishyamukh, in south Tripura, about 110 kms from here.
Police said Jhunu Debnath, a small trader, had illegally stored petrol in his home. While he was trying to fill some fuel in a container for sale, the inflammable liquid caught fire from a lamp near by, a police official said.
Debnath’s home was engulfed in flames as a cooking gas cylinder exploded in the fire.
“Jhunu Debnath somehow managed to flee the blaze, but his wife and their two minor children were burnt to death,” a police official said.