A surprise for the State Bank of India account holder. SBI now allows its account holder to withdraw money from ATM without using their ATM card. SBI is offering the card-less ATM cash withdrawal service through its internet banking app called YONO (You Only Need One).
What is YONO?
It is a comprehensive lifestyle and financial services platform, which enables you to avail a pre-approved personal loan without any paperwork.
YONO also allows the customer to meet their lifestyle needs across 14 categories including booking and renting cabs, entertainment, dining experience, travel and stay, medical needs, and so on. The bank has partnered with over 60 e-commerce players to provide offers and discounts to customers. Some of the key e-commerce partners include Amazon, Uber, Ola, Myntra, Jabong, Shoppers Stop, Cox & Kings, Thomas Cook, Yatra, Airbnb, Swiggy and Byjus, among others.
Know the details about the service and how to use it.
1. First, you will need to activate Internet Banking on your SBI account and the account should have a registered phone number.
2. To use the card-less ATM service, SBI account holders will have to download the “YONO SBI” mobile app on their Android smartphone or iPhone.
3. After downloading, you will need to login with your internet banking details.
4. To withdraw cash from ATM, you need to open the YONO app and request for cash withdrawal.
5. On requesting cash withdrawal, you will get a 6-digit code for registering the cash withdrawal request on the ATM.
6. You need to enter this code on the ATM machine to withdraw cash.
7. Note this 6-digit code is valid for 30 minutes only.
8. This facility will be available across 16,500 SBI ATMs across India.
This service will not work in any other bank’s ATM. Only 2 withdrawals in a day is allowed using this YONO SBI app. SBI account holders can withdraw up to Rs 10,000 per transactions from ATM.
SBI says that this card-less cash withdrawal service will also prevent account holders from ATM card skimming or cloning frauds and frauds due to loss of ATM cards.