San Francisco: WhatsApp recently rolled out its most anticipated feature ‘Delete for Everyone‘ that allows its over one billion users revoke their messages in case they sent those to a wrong person or a group.
Using this feature, you can only “unsend” for up to seven minutes after sending. In FAQ, Facebook-owned WhatsApp said, “Once seven minutes have passed, there is no way to delete messages for everyone,”
However, some persons at Android Jefe found a solution to the limitation of this 7 minutes.
According to the report published in DC, they discovered a technique which enables WhatsApp users to delete messages which are up to a week old.
Following are the steps to delete messages on WhatsApp
- Disable Wi-Fi and mobile data.
- Force stop WhatsApp.
- Turn off automatic time update.
- Set the date as the day you sent the WhatsApp message which you want to delete.
- Reopen WhatsApp and delete the message by choosing “Delete for Everyone” option.
- Finally, turn on Wi-Fi or mobile data and set the correct date.
It may be noted that this technique won’t work to delete WhatsApp messages older than 7 days and both must be using the latest version of WhatsApp for Android, iPhone or Windows Phone.
The trick was first discovered by Android Jefe in the article.