Riyadh: The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has strongly condemned the missile attack by Iran-backed Al Houthi militants in Yemen against Saudi Arabia.
A statement issued by all the 15 council members of UNSC “also expressed alarm at the stated intention of Al Houthis to continue these attacks against Saudi Arabia, as well as to launch additional attacks against other states in the region”, Gulf News reported.
When Saudi Arabia was fighting against the Yemeni militants, it had said that a missile was being intercepted over Riyadh on Tuesday.
On December 19, Al Houthis fired a ballistic missile targeting the Yamama Palace in Riyadh, where the king presides at weekly government meetings and receives foreign leaders.
Saudi Arabia has said that a missile had been intercepted over the Saudi Arabian capital.
The UNSC has called for the implementation of an arms embargo on Al Houthis and called on parties in Yemen to start negotiating a political settlement soon.
This also comes days after, the Saudi-led coalition forces were killed in airstrikes, killing around 136 civilians.
The UN has expressed concerns over the intensified airstrikes by the Saudi-led coalition. (ANI)