South India leads on MobiKwik’s bus booking platform

New Delhi : Largest independent mobile payments company in India MobiKwik launched bus booking service in May 2016 and within a month it has received over 2000 bookings per day.

By December 2016, MobiKwik aims to facilitate 25,000 daily bus bookings. South India has made significant contribution to this growth with 40 percent daily bookings being made from Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai.

Bangalore leads bus booking on the platform, followed by Delhi, Hyderabad and Chennai. Hyderabad to Bangalore is the most popular route, followed by Bangalore to Chennai and Delhi to Jaipur.

“Bus booking on MobiKwik was launched in response to the demand from our users. We are delighted by the encouraging numbers that have south India in the forefront and thank our users for making this service a success,” said Chief Operating Officer MobiKwik, Mrinal Sinha.

About 85 percent of the bookings happen on the MobiKwik app and the remaining 15 percent takes place on the MobiKwik website.

“This achievement is attributed to the product and the easy user interface that allows one to make bus bookings within seconds. We aspire to be one of the leading bus booking services in the country by end of this year.” Mrinal added. (ANI)