Shabbir raises 12% quota to Muslims in Upper House

Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Council Mohammed Shabbir Ali today wanted to know what happened to the Chief Minister’s promise of 12 per cent reservation to the Muslims. The Congress leader raised the issue during debate on the Governor’s address in the Council.

Bemoaning that the plight of the farmers in the State was heart-rending, Shabbir Ali demanded that the government ensure minimum support price for their products. Shabbir Ali also informed the Council that the Congress party never opposed irrigation projects in the State. In fact, 80 per cent of the projects were completed during the previous Congress rule and the TRS government was only completing the remaining 20 per cent works, he added. (NSS)