Selfie Craze: 17 YO electrocuted for climbing goods wagon

Mysuru: A 17-year-old teenager reportedly died on the spot due to electrocution after he touched a live wire in an attempt to click selfies.

The incident is reported from Mysuru, where the victim identified as Preetham a pre-university student climbed on to a parked goods wagon at Naganahalli railway station to click selfies, TOI reports.

The teenager hailed from Nuguvinhalli, Mandya district and was busy clicking selfies when he accidentally touched a high voltage live cable wire which was running just four feet above the wagon which was parked on platform no. 2.

According to the railway police, the incident may have happened around 1.15pm on Thursday when he was all alone.

The incident came to light when a villager alerted the station manager about the tragedy.

Preetham’s body has been shifted to the mortuary. His father is in judicial custody following his mother’s death.