School children hospitalised as two take ill after midday meal

Raipur: As many as 26 school children were hospitalised after two of them took ill after eating the mid-day meal at Saraipar village in Sarguja district of Chhattisgarh today.

Two of the children vomited after eating the meal, so they and 24 others were taken to the district hospital at Ambikapur.

Collector Ritu Sain said this is the second time such an incident was reported from the school. District education officer has been asked to conduct an inquiry.

The condition of all the hospitalised children was said to be normal now.

The children had complained that the vegetable given in the meal had some medicinal smell, the Collector said, adding it could be because of excess spraying of pesticide, but only a probe can confirm it.