Samsung Galaxy Note 9 explodes inside woman’s purse

A Samsung Galaxy Note 9 spontaneously explodes inside a woman’s purse in New York, according to a lawsuit.

As per a report, Diane Chung had stopped using her phone when it became ‘too hot’ and kept it inside the purse. Suddenly, she noticed a thick smoke coming out of her bag. Panicked, she threw her bag on the floor and started emptying it. Ms Chung told the New York Post the experience was “traumatic”, it ruined everything in her bag and left her unable to contact clients.

Chung says in her lawsuit, which is filed to the Queens Supreme Court, that she removed the phone by emptying her purse onto an elevator floor, but the fire didn’t stop until a passerby picked up the handset with a cloth and placed it into a bucket of water, the newspaper reports.

Her legal claim recalls the South Korean company’s 2016 disaster with the Galaxy Note 7, which ignited so often that Samsung had to dump 2.5 million devices.

However, responding to this incident the CEO Koh Dong-jin has said “The battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is safer than ever. Users do not have to worry about the batteries anymore.”

“Samsung takes customer safety very seriously and we stand behind the quality of the millions of Galaxy devices in use in the United States,” Samsung said in a statement. “We have not received any reports of similar incidents involving a Galaxy Note 9 device and we are investigating the matter.”

[source_without_link]SIASAT NEWS[/source_without_link]