Taylor Sterling is looking for a Principal Structural Engineer with a passion for construction to lead our client’s internal engineering team. This dynamic role will see exposure throughout the project life-cycle from concept and value engineering to construction and temporary works across their workbook of high profile, technically challenging projects in the region.
With overall responsibility for the output of the team, you’ll be required to:
– Provide high quality technical solutions for a given project/section of project
– Assess buildability of proposed works and identify risks/opportunities
– Identify and manage design related health and safety risks
– Ensure the teams compliance with company policies
– Liaise with Temporary Works Coordinators to establish temporary works design briefs
– Ensure safe and cost effective temporary works designs for site teams in accordance with project procedures
– Provide design support to unforeseen conditions arising during construction
– Liaise with permanent works designers to resolve issues as necessary
– Perform site inspections where required for supervision of installation of temporary works
– Issue reports and represent the client on technical issues as required
– BSc/BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
– Chartered Engineer with minimum 12years experience and proven ability to exercise sound engineering judgement
– Ideally with experience both in Consulting and within Contractor design departments
– Thorough knowledge of design standards applicable to the Middle East
– Ability to perform structural analysis and design by hand calculation and with use of computer software such as Microstran, Staad, Strand7, Etabs, Safe.
– Previous temporary works design experience covering cranes, formwork, falsework, scaffolding, foundations etc.
– Familiar with a range of proprietary equipment for construction projects
– Awareness of commercial aspects of engineering solutions
About the Company
Taylor Sterling is as an independent search and selection recruitment firm based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. With over 7 years experience attracting talent both locally and internationally to the GCC region.
We are an organization that strives to set the standard for the industry in the Middle Eastern region and beyond. We achieve this by following our mission values that have us portrayed as an integral business partner to our clients and an honest, impartial adviser to our candidates.
The formula to our success in providing turnkey solutions for talent acquisition requirements is one of integrity, transparency and accountability, coupled with extensive regional experience and in-depth industry sector knowledge. Going that ‘extra mile’ is what really stands us out from the crowd and ensures ‘peace of mind’ for clients and candidates a like.