Our client, a well-known investment company in UAE is currently recruiting for an Investment Manager – UAE National.
The Investment Manager will help facilitate the organization’s duty to protect, grow and further its investments in the Private Equity and Infrastructure asset classes. This position includes responsibilities for building and maintaining financial models, evaluating investment proposals, contributing in due diligence and supporting the Head of Private Equity & Infrastructure in the assessment, structuring and negotiation of Principal Investments.
Investments – Funds and Co-Investments
• Prepare financial models and sensitivities, review external sources of due diligence on principal investments, and support the Private Equity Group in the assessment, structuring and negotiation of principal investments.
• Perform financial analysis, coordinate with advisors on due diligences on principal investments and external managers for the private equity investment pools.
• Prepare investment proposal presentations and memorandums to be presented to the Investment Committee and Executive Committee
• Support the Head of PE & Infra on the development of investment recommendations.
• Monitor and analyse investments in the existing Portfolio.
• Maintain database of Fund peer groups within PE & Infra
Monitoring of Investments/Management of Pools
• Review periodical reports of private equity investment managers/general partners and principal investments. Analyze fund manager’s estimate of fair values of each holding and make valuation recommendations.
• Monitor accounting and performance calculation for each investment to ensure proper determination of investment performance.
• Work with Operations personnel to ensure appropriate accounting for investments performance, detect errors and assist Operations in receiving all information it requires from internal and external sources on a timely basis, including financial statements and fair value estimates.
• Support in monitoring the allocation of distributions between income return and return of capital. Monitor receipt of financial statements from principal investment portfolio companies in compliance with agreements.
• Support and document the process of investment purchase and sales tickets.
• Provide and coordinate information and reporting requested by the Head of PE & Infra and by the IC.
• Support the operations of EIA’s Investment team, as requested.
• Assist in the preparation of periodical reports to the Investment Committee.
• MBA is desirable
• Bachelors Degree required.
• Relevant professional certificates, e.g. CFA, an advantage.
Background and experience
• 5-7 years in the investment arena across sectors.
• Has worked for a reputable Investment bank, Private Equity fund manager, Asset Management firm or another Sovereign Wealth Fund
• Experience of both direct principal investments and indirect fund investments would be preferable
• Thorough understanding of valuation methods including the building of sophisticated financial models.
• Good experience of doing due diligence, structuring and legal documentation negotiation
• Good understanding of investing as a Limited Partner (LP) in various Funds
• Multi-tasking. Ability to handle many priorities at the same time
• Fluent in English, fluency in Arabic an advantage.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.