• Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
• Account for sales, purchases and other transactions and ensure that books of accounts are maintained up to date
• Preparation of financial statements including Cash Flow Statements, Profit and Loss accounts and Balance Sheet every month.
• Preparing and managing profitability report for product wise, deal wise and strategy wise allocations
• Budget forecasting including cash flow requirements. Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
• Managing the team responsible for accounting the UAE sales, international trades and shipping operations
• Liaising with banks and external vendors for day-to-day operating activities and effectively handling ad-hoc internal and external queries and information requests by the management
• Accounting daily hedging activities including commodity derivatives and forex
• Liaising with external auditors to handle yearend audit and queries and ensure successful audit results and compliance
• Updating and managing the ETRM and Accounting systems
• Work with Audit, Treasury Manager, Finance Team to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities
• Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
• Understanding business strategies/ Market Dynamics and to construct accounting policies/ procedure
• Ensuring MIS reports are created in line with industry standards
• A Master degree in Accounting with at least 5 years’ experience preferably in Oil or related industry with good understanding of Accounting standards and policies
• Prior treasury experience in Middle East will be an advantage
• Preferably a good understanding of fiscal regime in the oil and gas industry
• Good spoken and written English
• Computer literacy – excellent working knowledge of accounting software, MS office etc.
• Leadership skills and passion for managing people, motivating the team and setting clear objectives – coaching and mentoring
• A good team player with high levels of integrity
• An excellent communicator with an ability to work smart
• Able to adapt to changes both in the external and internal environment
• Possess a keen analytical mind with willingness to learn and develop
• Able to look at the commercial aspects of business while paying strong attention to detail
• Self-Motivated to manage and handle team of different nationalities
About the Company:
A leading oil trading and shipping company in the UAE.