Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
This remarkable project involves the construction of major venues over a 6-square km site. The main venues and pavilions will be managed by their own project teams and will have their own site boundaries. This will leave significant areas around the plots which will be managed by the Logistics Team with the responsibility of Site Supervision Consultant for these areas.
Reporting to the Site Supervision Consultant, the role will be part of a Team providing 24-hour operational support and management.
Specifically, the role will require you:
• With the rest of the team, provide around the clock management in these areas.
• Provide first point of contact for any incidents within the project site and ensure procedures are followed.
• Assume the following co-ordination roles for fire, public protection, first aid and access/egress control.
• Ensure that the Health & Safety Plan is implemented within these areas; this will include carrying out the required audit plans.
• Ensure that the Environmental Plan is implemented within these areas; this will include carrying out the required audit plans.
• Provide day-to-day management of the Contractors whilst operating within these areas, including Site Support Services Management, Temporary Services, Satellite Welfare Facilities, Waste Management etc.
• Ensure compliance with Authority to Proceed permits and Laydown Area Access Requests.
• Monitor the free movement of traffic on the Temporary Site Roads and the maintenance of same.
• Liaise with the Project Teams to ensure smooth operations between boundaries.
• Liaise with the Security Team to ensure the day-to-day Security Functions are supported and provided for.
• Provide first line support to the Contractors and other Stakeholders on any issues within the site.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree/Diploma in Engineering or related discipline
• Minimum 8 experience in construction projects, 4 years of which in GCC
• Proven experience of working within both construction and logistics environment
• Ability to demonstrate awareness of current legislation relating to HSE
• Man management on large construction projects
• Clean driving license
• Safety Qualification / Awareness Training
• Ability to work in a team, deliver objectives and targets
• Strong communication skills in English
• Strong Contractor Management skills
About the Company:
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.