As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking for an experienced Infrastructure Networks Manager to join our team in Saudi Arabia, providing leadership, management and technical expertise to develop and manage the construction of the Infrastructure Networks for a major development in Saudi Arabia
• Performance: Satisfactory management of the delivery of the Infrastructure Networks scope of services. Identify non-compliances and seek resolution or escalate the issue with recommended mitigation plan.
• Procurement: Direct the review of scope briefs for procurement of design consultants and provide coordination in the procurement of construction packages.
• Change Management: Variations and adjustments to consultant’s scope, review the requirements and assess the impacts. Monitor construction change management process via the Engineer.
• Permitting: Manage the consultants / contractors for infrastructure network related approvals e.g., power, water and design/construction NOC process though appropriate agencies considering related risks and mitigating consequential impacts.
• Cost: Technical reviews for completeness of established budgets (WBS and CBS align), review cost plans and monitor budgets against design.
• Planning: Manage the timely completion of design deliverables in accordance with construction need dates, review programming and construction sequencing that they reflect plot development programme; and utilities provided in accordance with programme requirements.
• Risk reporting: Risk register developed and coordinated by infra consultant, review mitigation measures, assess effectiveness and seek improvements where necessary.
• Interface: Coordination across all utility networks and with other disciplines such as master planning, road, environmental, primary utility plant etc. and that plot delivery teams are coordinated with infrastructure teams.
• Communication: Communication through weekly meetings incorporating progress updates and issue review across all elements of the programme.
• Reporting: Weekly updates in the form of a dashboards associated with infrastructure networks, review all data and evaluate prior to project controls presentation to employer.
• Assurance: Manage procedures for Infrastructure Network consultants and Supervision teams submission QA, Safety, Environmental, Welfare reports review and report on non-compliances.
• Manage the consultants and contractors for all utilities networks including sewerage, potable water, irrigation, district cooling, EHV/HV/MV/LV power networks, telephone and communication networks.
• Building good working relationships within complex structures both within the project with client, consultants, contractors and external stakeholders.
• Develop and Implement the relevant industry standards
• Mange Peer Reviews covering issues such as cost effectiveness, aesthetics, alternatives, operation and maintenance, design life, etc.
• Value Engineering – Workshops to study options for savings / concluding with a benefits analysis to justify recommendations.
• Directing the liaison and interfacing with utility companies to ensure the design takes cognisance of their requirements
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom 400 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
• Qualified professional who has reached Manager level. (it is likely that the person fulfilling this role will have had or is ready to take on the management of multi discipline infrastructure for a major development project)
• Qualified to BSc, BEng or equivalent as a minimum
• Chartered status or equivalent
• Considerable relevant and appropriate experience (15 years experience with 5 being similar to this project/role)
• A demonstrable track record in the delivery of large multi functional projects, ideally within urban and inter-urban environments.
• Capability to provide planning, leadership, management and technical expertise to manage complex tasks and multidisciplinary projects.
• Knowledge of project controls procedures.
• Comfortable with the planning, analysis and managing process and commercial considerations.
• Experience spanning local and national government clients and stakeholders in Saudi Arabia would be an advantage
• Experience in the coordination of utilities or similar design elements
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Fluency in Arabic would be advantageous
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary;
• Accommodation allowance;
• Transportation allowance;
• Annual leave;
• Medical and life insurance cover;
• Company gratuity scheme;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin;
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
About the Company:
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to: focus on quality seek world class design and excellence strive to add value be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).