About Zain Jordan:
In 1994, Zain revolutionized telecommunications in Jordan by introducing GSM mobile services into the country. The operator quickly became the foremost telecom company in Jordan, a position that it has maintained to this day, serving over 3.9 million customers as of September 30, 2013, reflecting a 39% market share. The operation offers 100% population coverage through its 3G-enabled network that is supported by a total of 1,794 sites. Through constant development of the telecommunications infrastructure and proactive marketing initiatives, Zain remains committed to offering customers in Jordan the most dynamic products and services. The foundation of Zain Jordan’s achievements lies in the company’s ability to inspire its employees to deliver the best and most imaginative services at every level. With an energetic and inspired Jordanian workforce, the company is committed to employing high caliber people as well as nurturing the finest Jordanian talent. With a strong HR and training program that develops and nurtures leaders in the workplace, the company has consistently opened new doors for its dedicated staff. For more on Zain Jordan please visit www.jo.zain.com
Performing accounting activities related to the general ledger accounts including processing daily financial transaction, entries, preparing and maintaining journals, ledgers, closings, status reports, and other periodic reports while ensuring that all is in compliance with and adherence to the international standards and Zain’s financial and accounting policies and procedures.
You will be responsible for :-
- Performing general ledger accounts’ duties including preparing journal entries, ledgers, accounts analysis and reconciliations, closing books (monthly and yearly), setting up new accounts, handling expenditure, computing taxes owed and preparing tax returns and ensuring compliance with payment.
- Maintaining required audit trails to permit tracking of a transaction from beginning to completion. Handling consolidated financial statements for Zain and subsidiaries as well as verifying financial transactions and reporting variances.
- Analyzing and reconciling business operations, revenues and costs as well as handling entries and transactions related to operational expenditure.
- Preparing various financial reports and transactions and other company’s general ledger accounts’ documents on daily, monthly, quarterly and on an annual basis.
- Coordinating with different internal and external parties to ensure availability of source documents, provide various financial reports and to support them in regards to financial recording and reporting in addition to supporting identification of corrective steps to resolve pending items.
- Participating in projects in order to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of financial procedures.
- Coordinating and interacting with external and internal auditors during the audit process as well as providing all the required documents.
- Performing other duties related to the job as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Executing activities according to the organizational security policies.
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, and interference.
- Accessing and/ or modifying systems, applications, and information as allowed by the owner.
WHAT DO I NEED?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- You shall have( 3-5 ) years of relevant experience.
1. Commitment to Excellence
2. Customer Centricity
4. Business Planning
8.Collaboration & Inclusion
Amman – Jordan