Recipe: Zafrani Pulao
- 1 kg – basmati Rice
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 500 gm milk
- 100 gm sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 25 gm raisins
- Saffron (kesar) a pinch a pinch
- 25 gm almonds
- 50 gm cream
- 10 Green cardamom powder
- 25 gm Cashew nuts
- In a pan add margarine. Then add ghee for flavor. Throw in the almonds,
raisins and cashew nuts and constantly stir it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the semi-cooked basmati rice and mix well.
- Add milk and cream in the sauce pan and put it on the burner for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir for about 2 minutes. Add saffron to the milk and keep it on the burner for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour this milk milk on the rice. Cover it and let it cook through for 5 minutes. Serve hot.