- 3 Tbsp Thandai masala powder
- 1 Cup Sugar (adjustable)
- 250 Gram Milk, full cream
- 15-20 strands Saffron (soaked in 2 tbsp milk)
- 1/2 Cup Rice (soaked in water for at least 3 hours)
- 2 Tbsp Almonds & Pista, sliced
- 2 Cardamoms (crushed,pods/seeds)
- To begin making the Creamy Phirni recipe, boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Once it starts boiling, add the green cardamom into the milk.
- In the mean time, take rice and grind them coarsely in a grinder by adding a little water.
- Add sugar in the boiling milk, thandai, kesar milk and then add rice into it. Stir it for at-least 20 minutes or till it gets thick.
- When it starts getting thick, switch off the stove and let it cool properly.
- Pour it in kullads (earthen pots) and put it in fridge for 2 to 3 hours. Now take it out, garnish it with sliced nuts and serve it chilled.
- Serve Creamy Thadai Phirni as a dessert after your scrumptious meal or make it during holi to celebrate the festival.