- 1.5kg pumpkin, split in two
- 2 liter chicken stock
- Olive oil
- 1 onion
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp of honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 cup cream
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- Handful of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 180-200 degrees C. Cut the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds and slash it in.
- Drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper and rub well on the cut side of the pumpkin.
- Poke the red chili and place it inside the pumpkin with thyme.
- Drizzle olive oil on the onion and garlic and put them with pumpkin in the oven to roast.
- Remove from the tray and allow the tray to cool. Scoop the flesh of pumpkin into a saucepan. Add onion, garlic and 1 cup of chicken stock and blend the mixture.
- Heat pan, add rest of the chicken stock, honey and cream. Bring to gentle simmer and season to taste.
- Make the masala with finely chopped red chili, lemon zest, some lemon juice, some extra virgin olive oil,salt and pepper.
- Pour into individual cups and garnish with masala.