Recipe: Pumpkin Soup
- 1 can coconut milk or cream
- 1 large pumpkin – cut in chunks
- Lots of coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium red chilli – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped
- Cut the pumpkin into quarters so that they are a manageable size to work with.
- Scoop out the seeds and remove the skin. Then chop the flesh into small chunks and cook in boiling water until soft.
- Meanwhile, add the chilli, garlic, half of the corinader, salt and pepper to a blender and whiz until well blended.
- When the pumpkin is soft, then drain the cooking water but reserve it. Put the pumpkin into the blender with the chilli mix and blend.
- Put the mixture back into a saucepan, and add the coconut milk and simmer.
- If it is too thick, add some of the reserved cooking water.
- Serve in large bowls and add the remaining chopped coriander for garnish.
- In case you do not want to use coconut milk, add plain milk or water instead.