Skip to content
- 1.5 Cups Cream
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Cups Sabut Urad Dal
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- Green chillies
- 8 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Cups Tomato puree
- 2 tsp Shahi Jeera
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, sliced
- Clean, wash and soak the Dal overnight.
- Next day, drain and add salt, red chilli powder and ginger paste to the dal along with 2 cups of water.
- Cook the dal until it becomes tender.
- Now take a pan, pour some oil and butter and heat together.
- Add cumin seeds, mix thoroughly and when it starts to splutter pour tomato puree in it.
- When it starts boiling, add sugar, salt and red chilli powder.
- Stir-fry over high flame till the oil separates.
- Add boiled dal and cook further. The consistency should be such that the dal should move around freely when stirred, otherwise add a little water.
- Leave it to simmer, covered.
- Remove the lid and add Garam Masala. Stir well.
- Add cream to the boiling Dal.
- Mix it well.
- Garnish with green chillies and serve hot.