Skip to content
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon Madras Curry Powder
- 200 gm Pumpkin
- 100 gm Carrots
- 3 cups vegetable stock/ Chicken Stock (as per preference)
- 1 can coconut milk
- Extra coconut milk and pumpkin seeds
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes until softened. Add garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the roughly cut pumpkin and carrots for 5 minutes add broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Put heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer to a traditional blender and puree in batches until smooth.
- Put it back on flame and add coconut milk. (check for consistency as it should not be too watery)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with a drizzle of coconut milk and roasted pumpkin seeds.