Skip to content
- 1 litre thick yoghurt
- 4 cucumbers
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water or stock
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh fennel, chopped
- Peel and chop the cucumbers, roughly, if you like, scrape off the seeds but I usually keep them in because I like the texture.
- Blend everything in the blender, then season and cool. If you find the texture to be too thick, then add a little cold water to make the consistency as thin as you like. Done!
- To posh it up, you can serve this with garlic bread or croutons. For croutons, take any old bread, brush on both sides with olive oil, then slice into cubes.
- Toast (or fry, for a truly decadent version) them until crisp, then scatter over the soup just before serving. The truly health-conscious may even omit entirely the olive oil step.