Recipe: Corn Pulao
- 3/4 cups Sweet corn kernels
- 250 gm of Basmati rice
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 5 gm of cumin seed
- 4 green chillies
- 2 cups of hot water
- 8 flakes of cloves
- 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp of pepper corn
- 3 Tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Sautéed diced chopped bell pepper
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- Rinse basmati rice and soak it in water for at least 15-20 mins.
- Green chilli, coriander leaves to make a fine paste. Take a pan add olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf, pepper corn, sliced onion, slit green chillies, ginger garlic paste and the above coconut paste.
- Sauté well, and then add corn kernels. Drain the rice and add it to the pan. Keep stirring.
- Add hot water, little salt and cook for 15mins. Once the rice is 3/4th done add lime juice.
- Finally garnish with sautéed diced red and yellow bell pepper, grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves. .Serve with cucumber raita.