New Delhi: For those observing fasts during the holy month of Ramzan, it will help to start a day with a heavy and nutritious meal so that the body feels satiated for the remaining day, suggest experts.
Nutritionist Umang Agarwal, Founder and CEO, Umang World, has meal suggestions:
Sehri (early morning):
* Never skip the early morning meal that is Suhoor/Sehri as that is the fundamental meal your body depends for the rest of the day.
* Start your day with some nuts soaked overnight, followed by a juice or milk along with fruits.
* To ensure that you feel full during the rest of the day, opt for high-fibre foods such as multigrain breads with paneer/ chicken/ eggs along with vegetables.
* Oats or multigrain atta for stuffed parantha with paneer or with egg bhurji cooked on a non-stick pan will keep your body satiated for the day.
Iftaar (dinner time):
* In the evening, open your fast with a glass of lemon water with sugar and salt in it to provide your body with the much-needed hydration.
* Dates are both customary and important as they are a high source of energy and rich in vital nutrients.
* People who are diabetic can avoid dates and those who are lactose intolerant can opt for soya milk instead of regular milk.
* After a little gap, eat a proper meal that includes the likes of brown rice or high fibre roti with lots of vegetables salad, plus lean meat or fish or eggs.