Chandigarh : Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Sunday assured of peace in the violence-hit areas of the state, in the aftermath of the verdict on Dera Sacha Sauda Chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim rape trial, while also adding that the curfew would continue and any decision on relaxation or lifting it would be taken only after reviewing the situation.
“We understand the safety of the people of Punjab. The arrangements were made before hand. There is peace in our state since the court had convicted Dera Sacha Sauda chief Ram Rahim. Now, along with the Haryana DGP, we are going towards southern Punjab, where Dera Sacha Sauda supporters have a greater hold, to check if everything is all right there. The curfew will continue and any decision on relaxation or lifting it would be taken only after reviewing the situation,” Amarinder Singh told ANI.
The Punjab Chief Minister, however, refrained from commenting on demands for Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar’s resignation.
Earlier, Haryana Director General of Police (DGP) B.S. Sandhu said that the bodyguards of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, who misbehaved with the police personnel while taking the self styled god man to jail in the police car, were arrested.
The Haryana DGP, however, refrained to comment on the reports of the arrest of five Haryana police personnel who were a part of Z-plus security cover of Rahim Singh, for obstructing the government duty.
He, however, denied the reports of manhandling of the IPS officers by Rahim’s followers during the whole high voltage drama.
Meanwhile, following developments have taken place in the DSS chief rape case:
– 30 died in Panchkula, 6 in Sirsa, 269 injured.
– There are about 3000-4000 people at Dera Sacha Sauda, Sirsa and are vacating gradually.
– No incident reported in last 24 hours.
– Court will be in Sonaria (jail), Rohtak and arrangements being made.
– Notification has been issued to make arrangements for sitting of CBI Court in Sunaria District Jail, Panchkula for pronouncement of quantum of sentence against Ram Rahim Singh.
– However, Haryana DGP B.S. Sandhu has said that, “Ram Rahim Singh won’t be produced in Panchkula”.
– Deputy Advocate General Gurdas Singh Salwara was sacked after he was reportedly seen carried luggage of Ram Rahim Singh.
– People have vacated Dera Sacha Sauda Ashram in Bajenka village and the whole premises are being inspected by Police and Army in located in Sirsa district of Haryana.
– We found axes, batons, petrol bombs etc there. All objectionable objects have been seized and Dera has been completely vacated says Kaithal DC.
– Curfew will be relaxed, will assess situation, if everything remains peaceful will lift curfew in coming time says SSP Bhatinda, Punjab.
– Post-mortem of the bodies of deceased is underway; 90 people were admitted last night, no case of bullet injury has been found, says CMO, Civil Hospital, Panchkula.
– Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh chaired a high-level meeting to assess the law and order situation in the state after the violence which erupted post Ram Rahim Verdict.
– Punjab Police and Army conducted a flag march in the Moga district of Punjab.
– Police is in the process of establishing the identity of the 28 dead persons says Haryana Chief Secretary Depinder Singh.
Yesterday, the Chief Ministers of Haryana and Punjab issued separate appeals for the maintenance of law and order and calm after followers of Ram Rahim went berserk with grief and anger over his conviction. (ANI)