Police register cases against Hindu Vahini activists, organization takes out protest rally in Bhainsa

Hyderabad: All the business establishments of majority community in Bhainsa remained closed yesterday at the behest of the call given by Hindu Vahini. A rally was organized against the police since two days back police had registered cases against 10 activists of Hindu Vahini for taking out a rally two days back despite promulgation of police act 30. The police had registered cases against the activists of Hindu Vahini.

Against this action of the police, Hindu Vahini activists organized bandh and took out a protest rally. It started from Mahadev temple. Police had made elaborate arrangements in view of Friday. Police officials commissioned paramilitary forces and Vajira Vehicle in Bhainsa. Police pickets were posted at important places.

Mr. S. Srinivas, State Vice President of Hindu Vahini, M. Lingoji, town president and others led the rally. When the rally reached HDFC Bank near Tipu Sultan Chowk, tension started but police controlled the situation.

Due to spreading of rumours, youths belonging to minority community had also started gathering. Police persuaded the rally to move fast. The protestors raised slogans against Mr. A. Ramulu, DSP of Bhiansa. The protestors reached IB guest house where a public meeting was held. The speakers expressed their wrath that in many parts of the country, protest rallies are being organized against the militants who attacked Amaranth yatris but Mr. A. Ramulu, DSP of Bhainsa registered cases against the activists of Hindu Vahini under section 30 of police act for taking out a protest rally. This amounts to supporting the militants. The speakers told the activists of Hindu Vahini not to be afraid of the police and to be united. They demanded the suspension of DSP and asked the police to withdraw criminal cases registered against the members of Hindu Vahini. A written memorandum was presented to Mr. Raju, RDO of Bhainsa.

During the protest rally, tension prevailed for some time but due to the timely alertness of the police, the situation was controlled.

–Siasat News