Ranchi: In a bid to pay tribute to former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Jharkhand government on Friday decided to rename several places in the state after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) stalwart.
Following are the places in Jharkhand which will be renamed:
– Under the Health Care and Family Welfare Department, Medical College Palamu will be renamed as Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical College, Palamu.
– Under Transport (Civil Aviation) Dept. Jharkhand and Shipping Ministry Government of India, Sahibganj Harbour will be renamed as Atal Bihari Vajpayee Harbour Sahibganj.
– Under the Transport Dept. Jharkhand and Civil Aviation, Government of India, it has been recommended that the under-construction Deoghar Airport is named as Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport Deoghar.
– Under High Technical Education and Skill Department, Professional College Jamshedpur is renamed as Atal Bihari Vajpayee Professional College Jamshedpur. Under Urban Development and Housing
Department (under construction) Convention Centre Ranchi is to be renamed as Atal Convention Centre Ranchi.
– Under IT and Governance Dept. Jharkhand Innovation Lab will be renamed as Atal Innovation Live. The 8-lane road from GOI Building to Kako Math in Dhanbad district will be named as Atal Marg. It is to be noted that the 20-kilometre long stretch worth Rs. 413 crore will be constructed in collaboration with World Bank.
To pay homage to five-time Member of Parliament (MP) from Lucknow, the Uttar Pradesh had decide to immerse the ashes of Vajpayee in all the holy rivers of Uttar Pradesh, including Ganga, Yamuna, and Tapti, to respect his grand stature.
Vajpayee, the 10th prime minister of India, breathed his last on August 16 evening. He was cremated on next day of his demise with full state honour at Smriti Sthal in the national capital.