Over 60 Children, Others Fall Sick After Consuming Street Food

Over 60 children and a few others were rushed to hospital in an apparent case of food poisoning after consuming street food in Allepur village in Mathura, following which they were rushed to various hospitals, police said on Thursday.

“Over 60 children and a few villagers were rushed to various government as well as private hospitals. About 50 children have been discharged so far,” police said.

“The condition of others is out of danger and are likely to be discharged tonight,” police said.

The victims had fallen sick after consuming ‘chaat’ from a local vendor yesterday, police said, adding the hunt for the accused vendor is underway.

“It is the incompetence of food Inspector of the area. He has been asked to submit an action plan for checking and report the progress daily. Counter surprise checking would be done by Tahsil staff,” SDM Chandra Vijai Singh said.

Over 100 children became sick three days before after consuming ice-cream in Chiksauli Manpur village falling under Barsana police station.