The purpose of the job is to lead the delivery of a cohesive office administration service, mainly encompassing official documentation typing and data entry, to the office of ADGM Registration Authority, therebypromoting the timely delivery of operations and cost recovery. The candidate will be Serco’s main representative with the ADGM Registration Authority specifically for the typing and data entry services required. The candidate will audit and do quality checks on the work produced by their subordinate Office Administrator staff before submitting to the Client.
Reason for role
Client requirement to have a Serco employee as a representative for the ADGM Registration Authority
Structure and reporting relationship:
Reporting to Key IFM Account Manager for ADGM
• Leads the team of Administrative Officers for carrying out typing and data entry tasks (In English and Arabic) as required by ADGM Registration Authority.
• Audits and checks Visa documentation presented by businesses on Al Maryah Island for compliance with the ADGM Free Zone Visa requirements. (Set in place by the ADGM Registration Authority)
• Liaises with the PROs of aforesaid businesses for documentation that is missing or is in need of adjustment.
• Compiles ADGM Free Zone Visa documents issued by the ADGM Registration Authority (required by Abu Dhabi Immigration authorities) and provides them to aforesaid PROs.
• Responsibility to audit and ensure work produced by the office administrators’ team is compliant with quality standards.
• Manages and supervises duties of subordinate administrator officer staff for efficient general office support activities including filing system/documentation and diary keeping.
• Manages overall administrative and clerical support as requested from time to time by the Facility Management team (Serco).
• Performs and carry out other administrative duties as instructed by the Key IFM Manager, or Portfolio / Deputy General Manager.
• Liaise with the Serco PRO and supports Serco as needed with the ADGM Registration Authority in facilitating issuance of ADGM Free Zone visas for Serco employees at Contracts in Al Maryah Island.
• Production of any work activity reports as may be requested by ADGM or Serco.
• Records and prepares any minutes of meeting related to the assigned duties.
• Produces Monthly and Annual Reports in the format agreed with the Client.
• Ensures that the policies and procedures laid down by Serco management are followed accurately at all times
• Record, update, and compileany requested IMS (Information Management System) related document with the supervision of the QHSE Manager.
• Safeguards any important documents that may be provided by ADGM or Serco to carry out the essential tasks of typing and data entry.
• Acts in accordance with the Governing Principles of Serco at all times and is a champion of the Governing Principles within their contracts
• Assigns tasks as necessary to the Administrative Officers and performs miscellaneous administrative duties.
• Reports any Security, Health and Safety Incidents to Serco management within the work premises with the supervision of the Key IFM Account Manager and QHSE Manager.
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
• Awareness of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Environment, Quality, Health & Safety and Information Security Policy Statements
• Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security, risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies statements above
• Exercises their personal duty of care for their own health, safety, and welfare and for those affected by the acts or omissions
• Leads by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water, and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings, and any other appropriate available channels.
Information Security Responsibilities
• Protects information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental.
• Promotes a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors, clients, and third parties
• Extensive experience in Office administration
• Good verbal and written English and Arabic language;
• High School Diploma or Higher Secondary Education;
• Basic Knowledge of the property and facility management sector
• Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in an easily understood format
• A good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word
• Possess excellent customer service skills
• Maintain a professional demeanour at all times
• Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff/customers at all levels on the base.
• Ability to handle confidential information in strict confidence.
• Good interpersonal skills
• A lively, energetic and strong personality, a practical “can-do” attitude.
• Preferably 4 years administration experience
• Preferably 4 years typist and data entry experience
• Experience of customer service, for example working in a reception area
• Middle East experience is essential
Additional / special features of the role
• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.