Job Description :
Responsible for the efficient control of Electrical Section. Provides professional engineering discipline support to the program projects with particular emphasis on promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity and quality of the project designs in conformance with approved standards and codes.
Reports directly to the Manager, TSS and provides technical and general guidance to the Section. Interfaces with major stakeholders.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES PERFORMED:
1. Manages the Section to meet the development program requirements.
2. Coordinates the Section’s activities with those of other Units within the Engineering Department.
3. Supervises technical performance of personnel within the Section.
4. Represents the Section at project and inter-Section and inter-Department meetings, as appropriate.
5. Prepares technical guide specifications, scope of work descriptions, and updates the standard details, design criteria and technical guidelines.
6. Prepares Request for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
7. Provides technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award and other conferences.
8. Reviews A/E contractor design drawings, specifications and calculations submittals and coordinates with the work of the other disciplines.
9. Reviews specialty vendor and shop drawings and specialty construction materials and/or equipment submittals.
10. Support and Reviews advanced power system analyses.
11. Performs field inspections and provides professional field support as necessary during construction phases.
12. Prepares interface layouts and conflict solutions.
13. Prepares man-hour estimates and material takeoffs.
14. Prepares technical correspondence, reports and studies.
15. Functions as a technical expert in performing analyses in specialized areas.
16. Reviews and provides guidance in problem areas, recommends solutions, alternatives and improvements.
17. Performs investigation of material and system failures.
1. A recognized university degree in Electrical Engineering with 15 years’ post-graduate professional experience with 5 years as discipline supervisor/team leader. Design experience of power systems is essential.
2. US registration as a Professional Engineer is highly desirable.
3. The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
4. A proven record of technical and administrative ability in design management.
5. Must have used ETAP or other software to perform fault current, load flow and stability studies for power grids of at least 115kV.
6. Experienced in preparation of Bid Documents.
7. Experience in designing electrical systems for residential, commercial and institutional facilities is desirable in the following areas:
a. Medium and low voltage power systems one line diagram and electrical rooms equipment layout
b. Underground and exposed conduit and cable tray runs.
c. Calculations for demand load estimates, for sizing major equipment and circuits and selective protection coordination.
d. Lighting systems indoors and outdoors calculations and physical layout.
e. Fire protection and communication systems one line diagrams and physical layout of equipment and devices.
f. Thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
8. Design experience with utility and industrial facilities is desirable:
a. High and medium voltage power distribution substation one-line diagram and equipment layout of major equipment.
b. High and medium voltage switchgear.
c. Protective relaying schemes for high and medium voltage bus, transformer, cable and overhead line protection.
d. Station Automation System, switchgear control, monitoring and metering.
f. High and medium voltage power distribution layout with cables in duct banks and direct buried and corresponding ampacity calculations.
g. Thorough knowledge of IEEE and ANSI Standards and knowledge of IEC Standard
About the Company:
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.