Silver Coast Construction and Boring (SCCB)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Purpose: To measure, monitor and evaluate the performance of the Project with respect to financial and commercial issues and facilitate the monitoring and follow-up.
• To provide recommendation, advice and support to Project Management concerning all issues concerning the financial outcome of the Project and to coordinate the overall process of administration and control of contractor agreements.
• Prepare and process contractual arrangements with third parties as per Company’s procedures.
• Evaluate and interpret Main Contract and Supply conditions and obligations and advise project team on liabilities and risks under the contractual arrangements.
• Manage and secure Project’s interests with necessary bonds, warranties, insurances, undertakings, etc. until final discharge of obligations.
• Manage variations and changes to the contract in liaison with the Quantity Surveyor and prepare, demonstrate, negotiate and follow up of Final Accounts, Variations and Claims, until settlement.
• Develop and manage contractual issues related to time and cost implications, for all contractual arrangements.
• Control, administration and reporting of each contractor/supply on the project, to ensure that the contractor/supply is properly formulated, controlled and closed out.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• 10-12 years experience in dealing with issues described above.
• Estimating and pricing experience will be considered as an advantage. Experience in Large infrastructure projects will be considered as an advantage.
• Conversant with Standard Methods of Measurement (SMM 7, CESSEM 3, POMI etc)
• Conversant with FIDIC Contract Conditions
• Computer literate with emphasis in spreadsheets and word processing
About the Company
Founded in Abu Dhabi in 1997, SCCB ( Silver Coast Construction & Boring ) is today one of the leading civil-engineering and construction companies in the United Arab Emirates – developing some of the largest and most significant projects for both public and private sectors. Silver Coast proudly delivers project management and engineering solutions through a diverse set of operational divisions, together with the highest level of industry qualifications and advanced technical equipment, to provide integrated solutions for major civil engineering works, MEP, tunneling and architectural works in accordance to the highest international standards.
Mission: • Our core mission is to meet clients’ requirements in the engineering and construction sector with stringent adherence to quality, time, safety and environmental care. • To develop an effective management system that stresses on productivity, perpetual development of the organisation, and instilling work ethics in all personnel. • To build value for the organisation in order to become a unique and distinct company within the our industries. • To remain focused on organisational growth while recognising those who contribute to this growth.
Vision: SCCB continues to move forward to become one of the leading Engineering and Construction Companies in the UAE, and eventually, the region, by consistently delivering projects that go beyond client’s expectations.