The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has now officially launched at the firm’s Samsung Unpacked event in New York. As we were expecting, the torrent of leaks in the months leading up to this point means there are no real surprises, and much of what we saw trickled out ahead of time has turned out to be true.
Features and Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Note8:
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.6 x 8.5mm
- Display: 6.3in Quad HD+ Super AMOLED, 2960×1440 Infinity Display (18.5:9 Aspect Ratio)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (10nm) octa-core CPU OR Samsung Exynos 8995 (10nm) octa-core CPU – region dependent
- GPU: Adreno 540 (Qualcomm Snapdragon) OR ARM Mali-G71 (Samsung Exynos) – region dependent
- Software: Android Nougat
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Type-C USB, NFC, GPS, Fingerprint scanner, Iris Scanner, Face Scanner
- Storage: 64GB, 128GB or 256GB – region dependent
- MicroSD: Yes
- Primary Camera: Dual-12MP, f/1.7 and f/2.4 apertures, 1/2.3″ sensor size, 1.55µm pixel size, Dual-Pixel Phase Detection Autofocus, OIS, 2x optical zoom, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama, 2160p video @30fps, 1080p video @60fps
- Secondary Camera: 8MP with autofocus, f/1.7 aperture, Auto HDR, 1440p video @30fps
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Other: IP68 Certified (Water & Dust Resistant), S-Pen Stylus
The new 6.3-inch device has an “infinity display” that wraps around the edges of the phone and Samsung’s Bixby voice assistant, the virtual aide that launched in the UK yesterday. The Note 8 comes with the S-pen stylus, which can be used even when the phone’s screen is off, such as to take notes or make a shopping list.
Also Read : Galaxy Note 8 may launch next week
The Korean electronics giant will be hoping to recover the reputation of the Note model with the release of the Note 8. Samsung was forced to globally recall its Note 7 phone last year after a battery fault led to devices overheating and caused a handful to burst into flames.
The best features in Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
The Note 8 is Samsung’s first smartphone to come with a dual camera lens, technology employed in the iPhone 7 Plus and Android challengers such as the Nokia 8 and OnePlus 5. It has two 12MP cameras on the back, which let users create depth effects and zoom further.
The Note 8 also showcases Samsung’s Bixby voice assistant, its challenger to Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa and Google’s Assistant.
Bixby is activated through voice control, responding both to the wake phrase “Hi, Bixby” and when the button dedicated to Bixby is held down.
“Because it is controlled through the phone it is secure to the user,” said Conor Pierce, head of Samsung UK, “it is not just sitting in the corner of the room listening to you.”
Pierce added the Samsung brand has “never been in better shape” in the UK, where the company launched its Bixby voice control on Tuesday.