Kokrajhar (Assam): After three days since the Kokrajhar attack, normalcy returned in the state.
The additional security forces have been deployed following the terror attack on Friday that killed as many as 14 civilians.
As per reports, the security forces have intensified operation against NDFB Songbijit militants.
The state government has requested the Centre to deploy 75 companies of the Central Armed Police Forces ( CAPF) which were withdrawn after the assembly election.
Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal who visited Kokrajhar yesterday said that his government would not compromise with terrorism.
He also stressed that vigil should be intensified to foil any evil design of terrorists.
The Chief Minister instructed the administration to remain on high alert ahead of the Independence Day.
Meanwhile, the Assam Police have arrested the driver of the auto used by militants to reach Balajan Tiniali market.
Additional DGP L.R. Bishnoi had earlier said that three to four militants carried out Friday’s attack.
He said that one militant was gunned down by the security forces, adding efforts are on to nab the remaining attackers.
The Additional DGP further said three additional companies of the Army have been deployed in Kokrajhar following the incident.
Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma had earlier said that preliminary investigations point towards the involvement of Songbijit faction of NDFB militants in the attack.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has sent a team to the site of the incident to collect evidence.
The Centre is closely monitoring the situation arising out of the Kokrajhar attack. (ANI)