Bengaluru : A Bengaluru court on Friday rejected the bail plea of Mohammad Harris Nalapad, son of Karnataka Congress MLA NA Haris, and six others in connection with an assault case.
Nalapad and the others are in judicial custody since February 21 for assaulting a man in a restaurant on February 17.
As per the public prosecutor, the court came to a conclusion that the accused did not deserve a bail.
“Court expressed that there are going to be chances of witnesses getting influenced and the investigation getting coerced. It is a victory for justice and society at large,” said the public prosecutor.
Earlier on February 21, the court sent Nalapad and others, who confessed to thrashing and threatening a man at a pub in UB City on February 19 and were arrested the next day, to judicial custody till March 7.
After the incident came to light, Nalapad, who is the General Secretary of Bengaluru District Youth Congress, was suspended from the party for six years.
As per the sequence of events, the victim, Vidwathwas was having dinner at a restaurant in UB City when Mohammad Nalapad and his friends walked in at 11:30 p.m.
The group reportedly told the victim, who had a plaster on one of his legs, to “sit properly”.
After a heated exchange of words, Nalapad and his friends attacked Vidwathwas. The victim was then rushed to the nearby Mallya Hospital for treatment, but the group reportedly followed him there and threatened him. (ANI)