Mother, daughter electrocuted

Sitapur: A 30-year-old woman and her daughter were electrocuted as a high tension wire fell on them this morning in Revri village under Kamlapur police station area, police said.

Kiran who was going home alongwith her seven-year-old daughter was walking under 11,000 volt line when the wire suddenly broke and fell on them, said SO Kamlapur, Ram Autar Yadav.

Both were rushed to Kamlapur community health centre where the doctors declared them dead, the SO said.

Executive Engineer of electricity department, Suneel Kumar said that compensation, as per the law, will be provided to the family of the deceased after post-mortem examination.