New Delhi: Hydrate while you sleep, slather on moisturizer, and drink plenty of water to do away with dry and flaky skin.
Rachana Chadha, owner of Delhi-based Entrust Unisex Salon, shares how:
* Your hands, feet and lips are most susceptible to drying up because you use these body parts the most. Apply additional moisturizers on them throughout the day. Always keep some hand cream and lip balm in your hand bag or on your desk at work.
* You can hydrate the skin while sleeping as well. Try to sleep with a humidifier in your bedroom as it will help to pump the moisture back into the air and this will add moisture to your skin, hair and nails.
* Ensure you drink plenty of water every day to clear spots and hydrate skin. It keeps you hydrated internally and helps the rest of the body in many of its functions. So, yes water is essential for good health and beautiful skin.
* Drinking isn’t the only way to get your water. During winter season, dieting is a crucial factor in keeping your skin hydrated. You should add food items such as salmon, olive oil, and various nuts to your diet. Fish oil is a rich source of omega-3, and is overall healthy for your body.
* Use warm colours and bronzers which are best for the season.
* Don’t stop wearing sunscreen. UV rays do tremendous amounts of damage to your skin, so apply good amount of sunscreen every time you go outside. Reapply frequently if you stay outside for a long time.