Commissioner for Civil Supplies C.V. Anand said officials should take steps to see that 100 percent of CMR Rice should be procured before August 31. He said till August 9, millers submitted 54 percent of rice and the remaining 46 percent should be submitted before the deadline.
Commissioner conducted video conference with Joint Collectors, DCSO’s, District Managers, FCI, Rice Millers, NIC Representatives to discuss on Rice Procurement, E-Pos, Deepam and other issues on Thursday. The Commissioner said “in last Kharif season, except from one rice mill in Jagityal, rice millers submitted 99.94 percent of rice to government before deadline; the same spirit should be continued by millers in this Rabi season also. Now millers cannot go with the excuse of shortage of space in godowns. On the frequent complaints from millers on space shortage in FCI, several meetings were held with FCI Officials which was taken to the notice of Central Government and they made available sufficient space in godowns to store the procured CMR Rice from Millers. But millers have not submitted rice to the sufficient space to FCI godowns, they should submit before the deadline. As per the request of state government FCI godowns will be open on holidays also, officials should see that rice millers also work in holidays and submit boiled rice in huge quantities.”
This year in Rabi season 37.16 Lakh Metric Tons of rice was procured through purchasing centers which was given to millers, for which they have to submit 25.27 Lakh Metric Tons of CMR Rice to government. Till 9 th of August 13.67 LMTs rice has been handed over to FCI, which is not sufficient, and more speed is required in rice procurement he said.
Commissioner said, only 16 days more are left to deadline, on average daily only 0.20 Lakh Metric Tons of rice is submitted to godowns. If 70,000 Metric Tons of rice is procured daily then only we can achieve the target, officials and millers should take necessary steps in this view.
In Medchal, Gadwal, Nagarkurnool, Mahaboobnagar, Nalgonda, Kothagudem, Khammam districts rice procurement is in full speed, in Nirmal, Manchiryal, Kamareddy, Medak, Sangareddy, Peddapally districts it is going on slow phase, need to take necessary steps to speed up in this areas.
Supply Rice to Dealers without shortage
Ration dealers should be supplied rice without shortage. Action will be taken against godown incharge and District Managers if any deficiency is resulted. Establishing of weigh bridges at godowns is in process, till then should use alternate weigh bridges paying them rent and supply full units of rice to ration dealers. Per quintal upto 2 to 3 Kgs of rice shortage is been reported from ration dealers, this should not be repeated Commissioner said.
Joint Collectors should be more active in implementation of E-Pos systems. Till now 5775 ration shops have been installed E-Pos machines, including 1545 ration shops in Greater Hyderabad. It is completed in Mahabubnagar, Vikarabad, Rangareddy, Medchal, Siddipet, Sangareddy, Medak districts, by 19 th of this month it will be installed in the rest of 4159 ration shops in Warangal (Urban,), Warangal (Rural), Jayashankar Bhoopalpally, Karimnagar, Jagityal, Peddapalli, Janagaon, Rajanna Siricilla, Mahabubabad districts. Out of 17,200 ration shops, in ten thousand shops E-Pos machines implementation will be completed.
Ration details on Mobile Phones
Steps to send the details of ration commodities to the beneficiaries through SMS is under process, as soon as ration shops receive commodities the same message will be sent to the beneficiaries to their mobile phones. Officials should speed up uploading of mobile numbers of beneficiaries in data base, till now 43 percent is completed.
Grounding of Deepam Connections
Government have issued guidelines vide G.O. Ms No. 16 for identification, selection, sanction and grounding of LPG connections under Deepam scheme. The District Collectors shall identify and upload all the eligible cardholders who are not having LPG Connections as per the ePDS data base. However, while selecting the beneficiaries, they shall maintain the SC & ST percentage of reservation. The Non-LPG connection holders in the mandal shall be taken as target to saturate LPG connections to the card holders.
The Tahsildars / Assistant Civil Supply Officers shall identity the beneficiaries from among the Non – LPG card holders and upon due enquiry that the card holders is not having the LPG connections the action to upload the eligible beneficiaries is to be taken up in the Deepam Site.
CMR of 33 Lakh Metric Tons rice will be submitted before of August 31, for submitting additionally assigned 4 lakh metric tons of rice need one month more time, i.e. till September 30 requested rice millers to Commissioner during video conference. Responding to this request Commissioner said, “there was no question of extending deadline to one, we will consider to extend it by one or two weeks to more”. (NSS)