Man electrocuted while repairing AC in Delhi

New Delhi: A mechanic hailing from Uttar Pradesh was electrocuted on Thursday while repairing an air-conditioner in a mall here, police said.

“Sarwar Ali suffered an electric shock at DLF South Square Mall in Sarojini Nagar. He was declared brought dead at the Safdarjung Hospital,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) Romil Baaniya said. Ali hailed from Amroha.

A case of death due to negligence has been registered under Section 304A of the Indian Penal Code.