New Delhi: How far would you go to avoid the summer heat? With all the sweat and grime in the air, it seems impossible to pull off healthy hair and skin, that stays for a few hours outdoors. By exfoliating, radiating and going minimal can have some positive results in warm weather.
Sangeeta Velaskar, Vice President and Head, Medical Services and R&D, Kaya Limited talks about how to keep your skin looking fresh, while TONI&GUY Global Hair Ambassador, Indira Schauwecker gives you tips and tricks on how to ace the minimalistic trend, debunks some common hair myths and recommends products so you can care for your mane better.
* Prepare your skin: The most crucial step to getting any look right, is prepping your skin. You can begin with the quintessential need for hydration, it’s very important to drink lots of water to keep your skin healthy and glowing from the inside.
* Exfoliate, circulate and radiate: Exfoliating your skin in the summer not only removes dead skin, but also improves blood circulation to your face. Use a mild exfoliating cleanser once or twice a week based on your skin type. Your mantra this summers should be ‘Exfoliate. Circulate. Radiate.’ to get that natural glow.
* Go minimal: It is very important to moisturize your skin even in the summer, so instead of heavy duty creams that often leave your skin looking oily and slick, find a one-stop solution. Using a CC cream that gives you the perfect makeup finish but also provides sun protection and hydration, is the way to go. With a smooth and radiant finish aided by the CC Cream, your face becomes the perfect canvas for a minimalistic look. Light kohl around the eyes and a nude lipstick is all you need to get going.
* Myth: Heat styling damages your hair: It is true that curling and flat irons can sometimes damage your hair because of the high temperature, but the real problem is the lack of protection for your hair against heat styling. Go for heat protection mist, before heat styling. Spray the product evenly over towel-dried hair and comb through. Top up in-between blow-drying and using straightening irons by spritzing over dry hair. Whether its super bouncy hair or beachy waves, you can have it all, without damage or breakage.
* Myth: 100 strokes a day makes hair shinier : On the contrary, you’ll end up doing more damage to your hair. Instead of an overzealous exercise such as this, you can gently brush your hair with a few strokes a couple of times during the day. This will help stimulate the follicles, and distribute the natural oils across your hair.