Labourer electrocuted in his shanty

Ghaziabad:A 25-year-old labourer was electrocuted in his shanty near Bhopura here, police said.

“Ajay was yesterday electrocuted after a live wire burst out and electric current spread in his hut,” Assistant Superintendent of Police, Aashish Srivastav said.

The labourers, working at in group housing society, are living in hutments. There is a temporary connection through which they consume electricity, he added.

The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital but was declared dead. No complaint has been registered by his family, Srivastav said.