Kuwait NGO helping stranded Indian woman

Hyderabad: Sujana Tulasi, 35 from Attili mandal in West Godavari district stranded since six months in Kuwait as she met with a road accident and admitted at the Farwaniya Hospital on October 31, 2016.

According to the Deccan Chronicle, she suffered with major injuries and she couldn’t also request for compensation as she doesn’t have residence permit since a year. She ran away from her employer’s house as they use to torture her.

Sujana was staying without her parents as her father died in her childhood and mother, Santhoshamma two years ago. Her husband aged 40-year-old left her two children, 12-year-old Jaswanthi and 11-year old Janvhi who leaves at Attili in a government hostel.

Kuwait Andhra, an NGO from Kuwait helping her out to send Sujana back to India by collecting funds for her through social media and some societies. As soon as possible she wants to come back to her home town and also asking help from the Indian government.

“After escaping from her employer’s house where she was working as a maid, she started tailoring to earn a living but in October she met with a road accident and is bed ridden. We are trying to collect funds for her as she has two cases booked by her employer for fleeing their house and robbery. Due to this she had to pay a fine. She needs 800 AED to pay fines. Hospital authorities are ready to discharge her but if there is no house for her then they will have to send her to the police station as it may take years for deportation,” said Sheikh Basha, a social worker of Kuwait Andhra.

He adds, “It was a major accident. She underwent multiple surgeries and is partially disabled. She cannot work anymore and her husband did not bother to contact her. If she gets any help from the government she might be able to have a residence and can return to India where she can get treatment.”

M. Bheem Reddy, Migrants Rights Council vice president said, “The Indian Embassy should help her to come back. They can allot some money from the Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF). The government of AP should also provide medical aid and help her from the CM’s Relief Fund”.