California: A warning has been issued by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) against the dangerous hazards of cellphone radiation. It recommends people to reduce the usage of their device and keep it at a distance.
The recommendations of CDPH include:-
• Do not keep your phone in your pocket
• Not putting it up to your ear for a prolonged amount of time
• Keeping use low if there are two bars or less
• Not sleeping near it at night
• Be aware that if you are in a fast-moving car, bus or train, your phone will emit more RF energy to maintain the connection.
CDPH director Dr. Karen Smith says that “Although the science is still evolving, there are concerns among some public health professionals and members of the public regarding long-term, high use exposure to the energy emitted by cell phones.”
UC Berkeley professor Joel Moskowitz says that “The cellphone manufacturers want you to keep a minimum distance away from your body and you should find out what that distance is,” Moskowitz told local news station KCRA, shortly after the draft release. “If you keep the device by your body you will exceed the safety limits provided by the FCC.”
However, FCC requires cell phone manufacturers to ensure all phones comply with “objective limits for safe exposure.