Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind to fight the case of Gurugram attack victims

New Delhi: Expressing deep concern over the attack on Muslim family in Gurugram, Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind General Secretary Maulana Mahmood Madani demanded government action against the spate of such incidents occurring one after another.

Maulana Mahmood Madani wrote a letter to Haryana chief minister Manohar Lal Khar inviting latter’s attention towards the incident which has created unrest among the people of the country since the incident came to light after the video was uploaded on social media. He demanded stringent action against the culprits and justice to victims.

Maulana Madani also informed that a delegation of Jamiat Ulama met the affected family at Dhamaspur Gururam and announced to fight the case for them. The delegation consoled the family and assured them legal and medical assistance. 12 members of the family including children, women and elderly were affected in the incident. The delegation shifted the injured to Lok Nayak hospital where they are undergoing treatment in the emergency ward.

A Muslim family was attacked on March 23, in Gurugram’s Bhup Singh Nagar under the Bhondsi Police Station on the day of Holi. Aa many as 35-40 goons assaulted the family members following a row over the latter playing cricket on the day of Holi on March 21. A video of the assault went viral on social media. The gruesome incident occurred at the house of Mohamad Shamshad, the victim.

According to Himanshu Garg, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), South District, the two parties had angry exchanges after a cricket ball allegedly hit one person.

“Following that a large number of drunken men attacked the house of the victim and beat the family members with batons, iron rods, water pipes and hockey sticks. They beat four persons until one of them, identified as Shahid, became unconscious. All the four have suffered head injuries,” Garg said.

As per reports, the family members were also told to go to Pakistan.

The police first rounded up six people on the basis of video footage, shot by one family member, but five of them were released later. One person, identified as Mahesh Kumar, was arrested.

During the attack, some persons barged inside the house while others pelted stones from outside. The attackers kept thrashing victims even as the family members, including women, pleaded for mercy.