iPhone XS Max explodes in a man’s trouser pocket

A three-week-old iPhone XS Max caught fire in a man’s trouser pocket in Ohio, US. The device started heating in his back pocket and caught fire unexpectedly.

‘A large amount of heat’ and a ‘strange smell’ came from his iPhone XS Max, following which the phone started to emit green and yellow coloured smoke, reported Josh Hillard.

Hillard while speaking to the iDropnews.com stated that “Left no other option, I had to exit the room since there was a female in the break room with me and remove my pants. I ran to the boardroom where I got my shoes and pants off as fast as possible. A VP of our company put the fire out with a fire extinguisher because he heard me yelling.”

Picture: idropnews.com

“Once the phone was extinguished, I was left with a hole in my pants, fire extinguisher on my pants/shoes, and some pain/irritation in my buttocks region where the pocket of my pants was located,” he added.

A representative from Apple offered him a new smartphone after he had contacted the company to report the issue. However, the affected user is contemplating legal action for the stress he suffered due to the whole incident, especially while getting the problem resolved from Apple’s executives.

He further added that “I was given no other option and was told that nothing could be done for me in store if they could not keep the damaged phone. I asked about my clothing and they told me that they could make no promises until the phone was captured. I left one hour before the store closed and unsatisfied with the customer service in store, I took back the damaged phone and returned home.”

Earlier last month, Apple’s iPhone X had overheated and exploded which caught fire while it was updating to iOS 12.1. A Twitter user posted the images of the iPhone X, with the cracked glass and burn marks clearly visible. The user claimed that when this incident happened, he was charging the phone with the company’s Lightning Cable and Wall Adapter.